Thursday, December 16, 2010

Question from blogger friend what after doing B.Arch what are future options , what if study electronics ?

Question from blogger friend what after doing B.Arch
what are future options , what if study electronics ?

Below is the question which our blogger friend asks me.

I am a final year architecture student. I scored 91.4% in class 10th & 81% in class 12th. Thereafter I took B.Arch. in NIT-B but haven't scored that much here (cgpa 7.15 till now) & the motivation level also has drastically dropped in college.
In school I was very much interested in maths, physics & computers.


Throughout my graduation, I haven't enjoyed the classroom at all, tried to find ways of avoiding it & cried so many times after returning home.

One reason was that I could never find satisfaction with the batch-mates.
I felt a sense of death inside myself each day.

Secondly, as far as the study part is concerned I have always found it very easy (compared to class 11th &12th) but very tedious.
And thus I dint score that much which further lowers the confidence level.

Please give me some suggestions regarding Future career prospects after B.Arch.

How will it be if I study Electronics from AMIETE after B.Arch.? Or is there any other better option?

Answer To your question –

Thank you for asking me question and I hope this answer will show you path.

Duration for the course of Architecture & Planning is 5 years.

Civil engineering and B.Arch are two difference courses.

Now thinking to study - Electronics from AMIETE
Or what are other options –

Sorry I will not suggest you to study Electronics from AMIETE.
Wrong decision .

For 5 years you have studied something different and electronics is different.

From your question I can understand you are not satisfied with your education.
People will tell you B.Arch is lucrative career will pay you money,
But I am sorry I do not think so.

If you got contacts, your parents are in that field then one can make successful story in this career.
Otherwise one can make it but it will require support from family, dedication and hard work.

While answering this question, I suppose that your parents are not in this field
No money to go and study in American university or Australia.

Australia has good scope for civil engineering and B.Arch graduates.
So you can go to Australia to study masters in architect or something like that.

But talking about India I will suggest you following –

Go for Masters in arch but that will also not give you money which MBA or IT guys earn.
If you want to change your career path completely
Then go for following

Give the IIM exams for MBA and do the MBA
Or try to do MBA from reputed B school

In both cases do the MBA in HR.
This will keep your options open to work in big civil engineering companies as well as IT companies.
Be intelligent and choose the MBA field
If you like to manage , control and help people , recruit people then
Go for HR MBA.
If you like finance then do the Finance MBA
If you like technical then do the Operations or systems

Before choosing specialization in MBA just read prospectus ,subjects and what will be your job then choose the specialization .

My suggestion is HR MBA from IIM or any reputed B collage

If you got financial problems , then also do not fear if you get admission to the IIM MBA or any good B school MBA any bank will give you loan and even relatives will sponsor your studies
You will get the required money, MBA collage fees from somewhere.

Do not study MBA from any non recognized collage.

Do not do any diploma which will give you instant job in IT industry after 3 or 4 months

Later after 3 or 4 years you will understand that, doing the IT diploma was the biggest mistake you made in your life and you can not change anything at that age.

This is the right time to change your career .

B.Arch is a great profession people will tell you but to be honest I think B.Arch is zero employment profession .

This is my own thinking which stays with me and I respect all the Architects and I do not hate them and consider them very intelligent people .

Again I will suggest you find Architect Company , mail them or visit them and tell them you want to work as a trainee architect and you do not want salary for that job.
Only want to know and get experience of the life of Architect
This experience of 1 month or 15 days will open your eyes forever

If you do not find the company, then visit the office of private consultant architect and join him for a month without salary , if they give you salary it is ok

Currently salary is not important for you,
Important for you is to know what is the real life story of a architect

Do not join any private architect who is born with a spoon.

When you join any firm, do not see at the boss, see the life style of company workers everyone can not become the boss.

If your age permits then try the professional exams of IAS or IFS that is UPSC exams.
Become collector or something like that.

Again last few words -

Final suggestion is MBA from IIM collages or from good reputed B school MBA collages.
If you like B.Arch then go for M.Arch but I will suggest you
Study hard and go for IIM MBA

Remember today age is with you and time is with you to change your career and life forever.

Further what ever you do , always ask the elders not one but all the you know and then do what ever your heart tells you
And also you can always ask me, I will try my best and I am sure other bloggers will also help you.

Thank you for giving me opportunity to help you and suggest you.

Reality views by sm
Friday, December 17, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment